Open Enrollment | 2021 Plan Year
Announcing Open Enrollment for the 2021 Plan Year — October 5 through October 31, 2020
Benefits for today and tomorrow – Support, Stability and Protection.
At Barnes Group, our most valuable asset is our employees. The pandemic has been a powerful reminder of the importance our benefit plans and programs serve in the lives and well-being of our employees and their family members. With an ever-changing environment, it’s more important than ever to ensure that our programs remain affordable, valuable and competitive for you and your family.
As we continue our long-term journey to transform our benefits, our focus for 2021 is to reinforce the strength and value of our plans, promoting total wellbeing to assist our employees in living healthy lifestyles. We remain committed to providing comprehensive benefits to ensure support, stability and protection during times when our members need it most!
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to review your benefit options for the coming year and make changes to your current elections effective January 1st, 2021. During Open Enrollment you can decide to keep the coverage you currently have or make changes, such as switching to another medical plan, adjusting your life insurance levels or changing who is covered under your plans. Please review the tabs below to find out What’s New and What’s Changing in 2021!
Let’s get started!
You do not have to actively complete enrollment. If you do nothing, your current plan coverage will continue in 2021, subject to any required premium adjustments or vendor changes. However, you MUST complete the enrollment process to enroll in these plans:
- Health Care of Limited Purpose FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Check out the 2021 Open Enrollment Training video at the top of this page for an overview of What's New and What's Changing in the upcoming plan year!
Review the 2021 Climate Setting Guide to learn more about our benefits transformation plans and objectives!
Review the 2021 Benefits Enrollment Guide for a comprehensive understanding of our current benefit programs and enhacements for the 2021 Plan Year!
IMPORTANT: The 2021 Benefits Enrollment Guide will be electronic-only.
Find the quality care you deserve and get paid to save with Healthcare Bluebook!
Healthcare Bluebook is an online tool to research the cost and quality of healthcare services — so you can search for the care you need at the right price. Using Healthcare Bluebook can save you hundreds of dollars and rewards you when you shop smart for healthcare. Our new Go Green to Get Green rewards program will send you or your covered dependents a check for $25, $50 or $100 if you choose a “green” provider for certain medical procedures. A “green” provider or facility is considered a high-quality provider that charges the Fair Price or less for their services.
HOW IT WORKS
- When your doctor suggests a test or procedure, take a minute to do a simple search in Healthcare Bluebook, or contact your MyQHealth Care Coordinator for assistance with finding quality care.
- Access Healthcare Bluebook online at healthcarebluebook.com or by visiting the MyQHealth App or website, mybgibenefitscenter.com, and look for the color-coded cost and quality ratings, so you can easily see a side-by-side comparison of available facilities and know where to go for the highest quality at the lowest costs.
GO GREEN TO GET GREEN
Each time you use a Fair Price provider for select healthcare services, first you save, and then you get rewarded:
HOW TO ACCESS HEALTHCARE BLUEBOOK
- Download the free app from the App Store or Google Play. Then launch the “Bluebook” app on your phone and click My Employer Provides Bluebook. Lastly, enter your company code (Barnes) and any additional log-in information prompted.
- Once you have logged in, search for your procedure, review the price range shown on the color bar, and then scroll down the page and review the list of facility options by quality and cost.
For more information about Healthcare Bluebook, check out the Healthcare Bluebook section of our Medical page.
As an enhancement to our current dental plans for 2021, Barnes Group is expanding coverage for dependent children up to age 26. This change will align with all of our healthcare benefits, ensuring that all dependents continue to have access to medical, vision, dental and child life insurance coverage until they reach age 26.
If you have a dependent between the ages of 19-25 who was previously ineligible to participate under our plan due to prior age limitations, please be sure to carefully review your options and take the necessary enrollment steps during this year’s annual Open Enrollment period.
Barnes Group will continue to offer the same comprehensive medical plan options as last year, with no change in premiums.
It is important to us that we provide you with a range of coverage and flexibility for you and your family members, which is why we offer our employees four medical plans with integrated prescription drug coverage.
The following table provides an overview of our medical plan options for 2021:
All Barnes Group medical plan options include 100% coverage for preventive care. For a more detailed overview of our medical plan options, check out our Medical page.
Care Coordinator Support – Quantum Health: 1-855-649-3862 or mybgibenefitscenter.com
Provider Network – Aetna CPOSII Network
Medical Claims Administrator – Meritain
Pharmacy Claims Administrator – CVS Caremark
OPTING OUT OF MEDICAL COVERAGE
If you have medical coverage available through a spouse, domestic partner or parent, you may opt out of coverage through Barnes Group and receive a taxable credit of $600 per year (provided in equal installments on a per-pay-period basis).
2020 marked the first year of our partnership with Quantum Health, designed to support our employees in making benefits simpler and more cost-effective. While we continue on our benefits transformation, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of all the ways Quantum is here to support you and your family members when you need it most.
Empowered and resourceful, your MyQHealth Care Coordinators can assist with:
- Verifying coverage and replacing lost ID cards
- Explaining prescription drug coverage
- Advocating for your care
- Providing guidance and advice for new diagnoses and illnesses or help managing chronic conditions
- Finding in-network providers
- Contacting providers to discuss treatment
- Answering claims, billing and benefit questions
- Helping reduce unnecessary out-of-pocket costs
MyQHealth Care Coordinators also assist with precertification for services to make sure you are always covered, including:
- Inpatient and skilled nursing facility admissions
- Outpatient surgeries
- MRI/MRA and PET scans
- Oncology care and services (chemotherapy and radiation therapy)
- Genetic testing
- Home healthcare
- Hospice care
- Durable medical equipment – all rentals and any purchase over $1,500
- Organ, tissue and bone marrow transplants
- Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient for mental health/substance abuse
HOW IT WORKS
You can call your Care Coordinator 24/7 with any questions. Your Care Coordinator will work with you and your doctors to ensure you receive the right care at the right cost.
Access your MyQHealth Care Coordinator at 1-855-649-3862 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 10 pm EST) or by visiting mybgibenefitscenter.com. You can also download the MyQHealth app from the App store or Google Play to have access to your Care Coordinator whenever you need them!
For more information about Quantum and your MyQHealth Care Coordinators, please visit our MyQHealth page.
Our high-deductible health plans (HDHPs) paired with an HSA are designed to ensure you pay only for the coverage you need. Our HDHP options will give you the convenience and flexibility to manage your health care dollars in a way that works for you. You will spend less through payroll deductions and receive more Barnes Group, including HSA matching contributions to help you save for future healthcare expenses!
UPDATED IRS HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT CONTRIBUTION LIMITS FOR 2021
For 2021, HSA contribution limits are increasing as follows per IRS regulations:
BARNES GROUP MATCHING CONTRIBUTIONS
In 2021, Barnes Group will continue to match you dollar-for-dollar for each of our HSA plans to encourage you to save for your future health care needs. Company matching limits are as follows:
- HSA Advantage: $250 (single); $500 (family)
- HSA Value: $500 (single); $1,000 (family)
- HSA Max: $750 (single); $1,500 (family)
WHY CHOOSE A PLAN WITH AN HSA?
- the tax-free contributions you make, along with the Company’s matching contributions, are yours to keep and roll over year to year until you spend them
- Triple tax advantages with tax-free contributions, investment earnings, and withdrawals for healthcare expenses
- Opportunity to grow your account balance through TD Ameritrade and Devenir Investment options
For more information about Health Savings Accounts, please visit our Health Savings Account page.
Similar to an HSA, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a pre-tax account used to pay for eligible health care expenses, such as medical, dental and vision care, or for dependent care expenses such as preschool, summer day camp, before- or after-school programs and child or elder daycare. With an FSA, however, you lose your funds if you do not use them before the end of the plan year.
Annual contribution limits for Health Care FSA and Limited Purpose FSA can increase up to $2,700 per year. Carefully estimate and only deposit only what you need for the plan year into your FSA.
For more information about Flexible Spending Accounts, check out our Flexible Spending Account page.
The current pandemic has highlighted the importance of providing support and stability through our benefit programs and vendor partnerships. Our partners at LifeWorks are prepared to help you navigate anything life throws your way!
The engaging LifeWorks platform combines employee assistance, well-being, recognition and incentives into one unified solution for a modern, holistic approach to your overall well-being. The program provides support to ALL employees, spouses, children, and any other household members. Barnes Group will continue to allow all employees (not just those enrolled in our medial plans) to participate in our well-being programs and earn incentives, too.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE SERVICES
When faced with life’s challenges, sometimes you just need some extra support. Barnes Group offers a 24 hour Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no charge to you. The EAP is designed to provide confidential counseling to you or your family and household members who are dealing with:
- Legal questions or concerns
- Marital or family conflicts
- Childcare and senior care
- Financial problems
- Alcohol/drug issues
- Work-related issues
- Stress/emotional issues
HEALTHY DIRECTIONS – SET GOALS AND EARN REWARDS
Healthy Directions is a voluntary well-being program that is designed to support your healthy lifestyle goals and reward you for reaching them. Through LifeWorks, ALL employees can earn and accumulate points by engaging in various well-being activities, such as:
- Completing a health assessment
- Participating in a biometric screening
- Joining a personal or Company-sponsored wellness challenge
- Reading and engaging with well-being content available on the LifeWorks news feed
Incentive points can be earned just by syncing your wearable device (such as a Fitbit or Apple Watch) to the LifeWorks app, which can help automatically track your daily steps and activity levels.
HOW TO CONTACT LIFEWORKS
Download the free LifeWorks app on your mobile device to access your favorite LifeWorks resources on the go! Feel supported, guided, connected, recognized and rewarded with the LifeWorks Total Well-being Platform — anytime, anywhere!
- Call LifeWorks toll-free, 24/7 at 1-888-456-1324
- If you are joining LifeWorks using an invitation code, go to login.lifeworks.com or download the app and click on Sign up. Your invitation code is BGI
- Your unique code will be BGI with a hyphen followed by the first initial of your first name and first six letters of your last name and the month and day of your birthdate (mmdd).
- Example: Login info for James Harrington would be BGI-JHarrin0316
For more information about the LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program and Well-being Incentives, visit the Work/Life section of our site.
Consistent with prior years, Barnes Group will be conducting a passive Open Enrollment for 2021, which means that you will be automatically enrolled in the same benefit elections and coverage levels for the 2021 plan year, with a few exceptions. We encourage you to detach and carefully review this checklist of benefit considerations or specific situations that may require you to complete your enrollment.
If any of the following situations impact you, please log into the MarketLink system during Open Enrollment (October 5 – October 31) to update your enrollment and make applicable changes.
- Do you need to add or remove individuals covered by your plan?
- If you do not actively complete enrollment for the 2021 plan year, your current coverage will continue in 2021, subject to any required premium adjustments or vendor changes.
- However, you must complete the enrollment process to enroll in these plans:
- Health Care or Limited Purpose FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
Medical plan considerations:
Do you want to change coverage to a more cost-effective plan option?
- Open Enrollment is your opportunity to review all options available to ensure you are in the most cost-effective plan for your needs.
Coordination of Benefits
- If you, your spouse or any dependents are covered under one of the Barnes Group medical plans and have additional medical coverage under another plan, you will be required to disclose this additional coverage during the medical enrollment to ensure accurate processing of claims and coordination of benefits between plans.
Option to Receive a Medical Waiver Credit
- Waiving your Barnes Group medical plan coverage for 2021 will entitle you to a $600 credit (payable on a pro-rata, pay period basis).
HSA Matching Contributions
- You may wish to revisit your current HSA contribution amount and consider making adjustments to allow you to maximize your contribution strategy.
Open Enrollment is being held from October 5, 2020 – October 31, 2020. This is your once annual opportunity to make adjustments to your benefits and we encourage you to consider your options carefully in order to make informed decisions.
When you are ready to complete your enrollment:
- Visit the Marketlink Enrollment System (myMarketlink.com/barnes)
- Login: First initial of first name + first six letters of your last name + last four digits of your social security number.
- Password: Your birthdate (YYYYMMDD) + initial of your first name (lower case) + initial from your last name (UPPER CASE) + exclamation point (!).
- EXAMPLE: Rebecca Anderson, xxx-xx-2345, DOB: August 14, 1962
- LOGIN: randers2345
- PASSWORD: 19620814rA!
After initial log-in, you will be required to establish a new, personal password.
Be sure to confirm your elections and print a copy of your confirmation statement for your records.
OR - you can also enroll by phone at 1-877-435-0260. A Marketlink representative will answer your questions and record your benefit election Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST during the enrollment period.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE CONFIRMATION OF MY BENEFIT ELECTIONS?
You will receive confirmation of your 2021 benefit elections in November. This package may also include additional documents to be completed, such as domestic partnership or evidence of insurability forms, if applicable. Please review your benefit elections confirmation carefully to ensure it reflects the coverage you elected, and notify your HR manager promptly if you note any discrepancies.