Eligibility to participate in Barnes' benefits program is described below.
You are eligible to participate in the Barnes Next360 Benefits program if you are an employee, regularly scheduled to work at least 20 hours a week. You are not eligible for these benefit programs, if you:
- Work outside the United States;
- Are covered by a collective bargaining agreement that does not provide for coverage under these programs; or
- Are a temporary, contract BarnesWORX or seasonal employee.*
Full-time employees (30+ scheduled hours per week) are eligible for the full suite of benefits.
Part-time employees (scheduled for at least 20, but less than 30) are eligible for a subset of benefits.
*If you are a contract BarnesWorx employee and would like more information about our benefits program eligibility and requirements, please visit the BarnesWorx section of our site.
You are eligible to participate in the BarnesWorx Benefits program if you are considered a BarnesWorx employee who is regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week.
You will be ineligible for BarnesWorx benefit coverage, under the following circumstances:
You work outside of the United States;
You are covered by a collective bargaining agreement that does not provide for coverage under these programs; or
Your regularly scheduled work hours are less than thirty (30) hours per week.
Generally, spouses and dependent children are eligible to enroll for benefits under the Next360 Benefits program. Eligible dependents include:
- Your spouse;
- Your uninsured children up to age 26 for medical, dental, life and vision coverage;*
- Your unmarried children of any age who are incapable of self-support due to a mental or physical disability and who are totally dependent on you.
- Your domestic partner and eligible dependents of your domestic partner. Click here for more information on Domestic Partner coverage and requirements.
*Barnes reserves the right to audit dependent elections to ensure they abide by plan rules. Any new dependents will require verification documentation, such as a marriage certificate or a birth certificate. Exact details of the required documentation will be provided to you when you add a new dependent.
Coverage for domestic partners will be available for medical, prescription drug, dental, vision and accident insurance benefits and includes the same and opposite sex partners of active, unmarried Barnes employees. Children of enrolled domestic partners may also be eligible. If you enroll a domestic partner during the open enrollment process, you will receive a special form that will need to be notarized and returned (along with items of proof of the domestic partnership) before your coverage will be placed into effect. Refer to the Domestic Partner page for more enrollment instructions.